laurell's BLOG -, Aggiornato quotidianamente.

« Older   Newer »
_.:NoEl:._
view post Posted on 18/3/2009, 15:02 by: _.:NoEl:._

CITAZIONE
Tuesday, March 17, 2009

New Antibiotics, new shoes, new paint
Doctor put me on a different antibiotic, and a sterioid. We’re trying to kick this thing before we go on our big family vacation which is coming up very soon. Voice is better as long as I don’t over use it. Took a nap, and slept heavily middle of the day, then made myself wake up enough to dress for yoga. My body was feeling creaky from lack of use, if at all possible I had to do the yoga. It felt great, and like I hadn’t done it in almost three weeks, which wasn’t great, but to be expected. But boy, had I missed it. I did cancel Pilates for this week, I don’t want to push it too hard. Jon was happy to be back in yoga, too. I rested for a little while then I took Trinity out for shoe shopping. That whole family vacation is to some place warm which means she and I both need sandles. My ankle is happiest in boots, but that just doesn’t work on the beach, so off in search of shoes that don’t hurt the bad ankle. I tried on shoes I would never have looked at, and if it looked okay, and didn’t hurt my ankle, I bought them. The shoes are surprisingly cute, but some of them are not very, well, me. I actually now own my first pair of shoes with a little bow on them; oh my. But they work for my ankle, and I’ll be a little more girlie if it doesn’t hurt. Because of the odd injury to my tendon higher heels feel better than flats. If I wear too low a heel for more than two days in a row, the ankle starts aching more, so heels. Heels for summer is something I’ve never done before. I’ve never looked so good for such a practical reason in my life. I did get some flats, because I just can’t stand the idea of just heels, but only the flats that felt good to my injury. Now, it’s a matter of wearing the new shoes around the house and out of the house to see what is actually the most comfortable. Those shoes go on vacation with us.

Got home and put my feet up for a few minutes, then Pili was here to take me out to look for paint and tile. The paint we chose, okay that I chose, for the entryway just sucked. Pili only did one part of a wall, before leaving us a note saying it just didn’t work. Today she called the color, Fugly. I’d never heard the phrase before, but it was appropriate. (Jon asked, "You’ve never heard fugly before?" I said, "No." I guess I’ve led a sheltered life.) So I picked a new color and hopefully this one will work. The color, like the shoes, doesn’t look like something I’d pick, but whereas the shoes are about comfort, the paint color is because I’m just worn down. I’ve got to pick something, and I have, I hope it works this time. Too many choices, and there’s something about this space of walls that makes it hard to visualize the right color. We didn’t manage to pick tile, at all. We’ll have to try again tomorrow. The idea is that she’s going to finish up the painting and the tiling while we’re gone on vacation. Hope I like that new color when I come through the door.

I actually did try to nail down the beginning of the Merry book, but I just can’t find that perfect opening, and I am picky on that. I continue to make notes further into the book, and know many of the events now, but I just haven’t quite figured out the exact opening. The idea I came up with at Daven and Wendi’s house has to be pushed further into the book. It’s a great idea, but it needs more set up. So that leaves me with three possible openings, maybe only two. Once I decide the rest will follow, but with being sick and getting ready for vacation I’m having trouble concentrating. The sick part is hurting the most, especially since I’m still needing naps in the middle of the day. We’ve continued to work on the comic, and there are other business matters on the books that must be addressed before we leave on the trip, so busy, busy, busy, but as my doctor said today, "I’ve never seen you when you weren’t busy." True enough.

Posted by LKH on 03/17 at 09:56 PM

Edited by _.:NoEl:._ - 19/3/2009, 18:34

45 replies since 13/3/2009, 17:16   4637 views