laurell's BLOG -, Aggiornato quotidianamente.

« Older   Newer »
Anita Blake;
view post Posted on 20/3/2009, 21:12 by: Anita Blake;

CITAZIONE
Friday, March 20, 2009

Sick and searching for Harder Music
I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck, that then backed up and drove out through just under my sternum. It’s been a bad week here for health issues. Darla only got to come in Monday and today, because she got that awful flu that’s going around. She actually hallucinated about calculus. Since she’s never had a calculus class in her life she was pretty puzzled by that. My mother-in-law had a root canal and it didn’t fix the problem. Her nerves have calcified, which should mean it’s not painful, but it’s not working that way. So, here I sit feeling like that hangover that you get the day after the night before. I can attest that some of the symptoms have nothing to do with drinking and everything to do with how sick you get, and how violently your body expels everything. So all the bad side effects and none of the buzz. Very sucky.

I’ve got Korn blasting on the player. I still find this album of their’s a little too self-aware, but songs like, "Freak on a Leash" make it worth wading through the gimmicks up front. The music starts on track 13 if that tells you anything? I’m trying to decide if I want the last half of the album on my ipod. On the last plane trip home I was desperate for something harder to listen to, and something I didn’t associate closely with a recent book. When I’m working that music will work again, but when trying to relax anything that I’ve written extensively, or intensely, to is not relaxing. It makes me think of work. I think I’ll try a different album of theirs. Jon says that GREATEST HITS is cleaner. I mean that musically, it’s Korn afterall.

Posted by LKH on 03/20 at 12:16 PM

45 replies since 13/3/2009, 17:16   4637 views