laurell's BLOG -, Aggiornato quotidianamente.

« Older   Newer »
_.:NoEl:._
view post Posted on 22/3/2009, 13:32 by: _.:NoEl:._

CITAZIONE
Saturday, March 21, 2009

From a plane
The plane started to taxi and for a moment I couldn’t remember where we were. I couldn’t remember if we were coming or going from home. I just blanked. Maybe it’s a sign that we’ve traveled a wee bit too much this month. But what trip would I have given up? England and business; no. Seeing Wendi and Daven and friends; uh, no. The family vacation with Trinity, Jon’s parents, and us; can’t skip that. So, I sit here typing on the plane and actually calm. I was hoping that if we started going places voluntarily and for pleasant reasons that the fear of flying would lessen, and it is. But it’s like getting inoculations for the flu, you need them every so often or they don’t keep you safe. I’ve come to almost this calm with my phobia once before after a great deal of business travel, but then I went months and didn’t fly and it began all over again. So, I think we’ll try a fun trip once a month and see if that does it, if not twice a month, though that would be hard to work in every month. But for this state of calm, I’ll travel more, and if it’s to have fun with friends, or family, what could be better?

Posted by LKH on 03/21 at 06:41 PM

45 replies since 13/3/2009, 17:16   4637 views